"Who in their right mind wouldn't want to read a book by Mark Barry!" (Mary Quallo, St Louis)

"Who in their right mind wouldn't want to read a book by Mark Barry!"  (Mary Quallo, St Louis)
Coming next week - Carla Eatherington

Tuesday 18 December 2012

An Interview with Nikki Prince

Nikki Prince

 Nikki Prince lives in Riverdale, California. She is a mother of two, who always had a dream to be a published romance author. Raising children as readers, gaming, cooking, reading and, of course, writing are her major passions. 

Nikki is a multi-published author and she enjoys interracial, inter-genre romances. 

However, she asked me to let you all know not to “box her in” because there is always room for growth. 

I caught up with Nikki while she was hiking in woods near Modesto and the Wizphone  was soon as hot as her prose...


Amongst other presses, Nikki works for the Crushed Hearts and Black Butterfly Imprint HOT INK...






Hiya Nikki...tell us about yourself.  I'm a mother of two young children under the age of ten, I'm a gamer, a writer, a reader and I love to travel.  I've wanted to write since I was 12 years old.  My dream finally became a reality this year when I was 42.  When I signed my first contract for a story I co-wrote with a friend in March 2012. 

Nikki's stomping ground.

What genre do you write in?  I write Interracial Erotic Romance (Contemporary and Paranormal)



 What made you choose this genre? I write basically what I love to read.  I've been reading romance books since the age of twelve and always wanted to write it.  

My first ever published story was called Hot For Teacher.
Was it, Wiz?

Yes it was. It featured a lunchtime triple - dipple between two young sixth formers and a brunette English teacher loosely based on one at our school. I was paid forty two pounds.
Wow!

It was a while ago. Anyway, carry on..
Okay! I write basically what I love to read.  I've been reading romance books since the age of twelve and always wanted to write it.   

Do you work in any other genres?  No I just write romance.


Tell us about your latest project?  My latest project that just got accepted by Evernight Publishing is the second book in my Karmic Lust Series called Demon Tempted.  My first book was called Demon Mine and is already out on Amazon.  I'm currently working on several short stories.



     http://www.evernightpublishing.com/ 

Thats a pretty smart tattoo there, Nikki!
It is, isn't it.

Anyone you know?
No, it's just stock! hahaha.


Hahaha. I get yaHow do you write? Are you methodical? Slapdash? A binge -er? Or a 1000 word a day grinder?  


I write whenever and where ever I can.  Some days I get 1k in words and other days not so much.  But I do make sure that I write something every day no matter how big or small.  I am also a pantster.  I write by the seat of my pants, I do not plot out.



With erotica, how important is inspiration?  I think writing anything takes inspiration.  For me it comes in different forms.  Sometimes it's music, sometimes it's just a thought, sometimes it's a picture.  Just depends.  Inspiration to write anything is important.

Is the post-Fifty Shades erotica boom about to peak? What's next?  I'm not sure what's next.  I just write what I love and don't compare myself to anyone else.

Comics, art or films? Which is your favourite form of visual expression?  I love all three actually.  I have a few comics that I collect.


Superman Flash Race. Flash 175.
Wiz Notes: If Flash loses this race, then what exactly is the point of The Flash?
One of the thorniest philosophical questions of the Silver Age era and one
I discuss toward s the end of Green Wizard horror bliockbuster
The Ritual - see right...
...I love to see great artwork and movies are fantastic.


So! What do fans of Nikki Prince have to look forward to in 2013?  I plan to finish the Karmic Lust series, more novella's and the like.  I will just keep bringing the heat!



Nikki, thanks for coming along to sit round the Cauldron and the best of luck in the coming year.

Thanks for having me round, Wiz! 


Contact: 




http://www.goodreads.com/AuthorNikkiPrince 

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting article - love your choice of comics

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview! Congrats on your latest release, Nikki! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for stopping by Mary Ann and Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.